Thursday, May 30, 2013

Introduction



This is my first time creating a blog. I'm pretty much just doing it out of curiosity. The purpose of this blog is to sort of be a journal as I play through the Pokémon games from generation 3, 4 and 5 and attempt to complete the Pokédex along the way.






So what is the PokéDex Quest?

It all started with the announcement for Pokémon X and Y. As soon as fans saw that a new generation was announced, many started replaying the older games in anticipation for the release and I thought it was a great idea. I planned on starting with Ruby/Sapphire because they are the oldest games I still have (sold my Gen 1 and 2 games a while back since there is no compatibility with the other generations and they've all been remade). Along with Ruby and Sapphire, I own Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire. I used to have all 386 Pokémon from Gen 3 stored on Pokémon box, but a lot of them were obtained using a Gameshark. I want to collect them all legitimately, so my replay of Ruby and Sapphire turned into the Pokédex Quest. Basically, it's a replay of all the games but I can't move on to the next game until at least regional pokedex is complete. Similar to how the Nuzlocke challenge has rules, I have come up with a few rules of my own. The most important rule is no moving on to a new area until I have captured every pokemon available in the current area. It's one of the best ways to ensure that my pokedex gets filled. My quest will continue on through each generation until I have a complete national Pokédex in Generation 5.

I haven't decided how often I will update this blog yet. It could be once per day or it could be once per week. I might just update it every time I reach some kind of achievement in my games. Please comment with suggestions or to tell me what you like or don't like about my blog. As I said, this is my first one and I'm still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment