Thursday, May 30, 2013

Replaying the games

At the time of starting this blog, I have already finished playing through Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and I have completed the Hoenn Pokédex (with the exception of Deoxys). Finding and catching all of the Pokémon went a lot faster once I started training and using the Swablu that I received from Pokemon Box. False Swipe and Sing on the same Pokémon makes a very useful catching tool. Chimecho was the Pokémon that took the longest for me to find. It only has a 2% appearance rate according to Serebii.net and when I finally found one and used False Swipe, it used an attack that did recoil damage to itself. It took me forever to find another and catch it.


But I finally managed to get all 200 plus Jirachi. And no, I didn't use a cheat device to get the Jirachi. I still have my copy of the Pokemon Colluseum Bonus Disc that let you transfer Jirachi to your Ruby or Sapphire. I also have the Eon Ticket from Nintendo Power, so I didn't have to go hunting for Latios and Latias.

I am currently playing through FireRed and LeafGreen, although I haven't gotten very far yet. Once I'm done replaying FR and LG, collecting every Pokémon possible in all 4 games, I will either play through Emerald or move on to Gen 4, depending on how tired I am of Gen 3 by then. Once I get to Gen 4, I am only going to play 1 game from each pair that was released together. The reason I played both games in each pair from Gen 3 was to complete the Pokédex twice: 1 for Pokémon Box and 1 that I can transfer to gen 4, and later to gen 5 if necessary. I will still use both games in each pair to complete the Pokédex, but I will only play through 1 of them. I think the order will be Pearl, SoulSilver, White, and end with Black 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment